|New Members and Information about the Nerge Noble Fleet of Staff
Join us in welcoming some new staff to our team!
- Allison Thoms, Music Itinerant Teacher
- Christa Fox, Long Term Guest Teacher in 1st Grade
- Rica Alkurdi, Long Term Guest Teacher in 2nd Grade
- Scott Flett, Long Term Guest Teacher in PE
Please note the special services case manager arrangements for this school year!
- Mary Sigwalt will be supporting kindergarten, Grade 4, and Grade 5 students
- Zach Gale will be supporting Grade 1 and Grade 6 students
- Rebecca Price will be supporting Grade 2 and Grade 3 students
Nerge School Hours and Start Date
We are excited to welcome 1-6 grade students on Monday, August 16. Kindergartner’s first day of school is Monday, August 23. School hours are 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM. Every Wednesday, students are dismissed thirty minutes early at 2:30 PM. The Nerge office hours are from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday. Our student absence line is available twenty-four hours a day (847-357-5776). Please be sure to call if your child will be absent from school.
Please be sure to review your child’s pick up, drop off location, and times prior to starting school. Students should have their bus passes attached to their backpacks in an easy to see location. Students should maintain safe distancing at their stops and wear a mask when riding the bus at all times. When your child arrives to school, we will have many staff members ready to help him/her find the appropriate classroom.
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Thank you for reviewing our arrival and dismissal procedures with your child before the first day of school!
1st, 2nd, 3rd Grade: 11:00-11:45
Kindergarten & 6th Grade: 11:45-12:30
4th & 5th Grade: 12:30-1:15
The lunch period is comprised of approximately 20 minutes of recess and 20 minutes to eat. On Half-Day Inservices there are no lunch periods since students are dismissed at 11:40 AM.
- All students with iPad/Chromebook should return them to school with their chargers/case.
- 3rd graders will be swapping out their iPad for Chromebooks.
- All incoming Kindergarten students will be issued an iPad when they begin school.
- All new students will be issued a device (K-2 iPad; 3-6 Chromebooks)
Virtual Curriculum Night: August 18
The Nerge staff is looking forward to connecting with our families during Curriculum Night to share about the school year ahead. This virtual event will be held on Wednesday, August 18 from 5:45-7:00 PM. Links to each session will be sent to families on Wednesday.
5:45-6:00 Welcome to Nerge Kingdom- Ms. Frederick & Mrs. Belt
6:00-6:30 Session 1
6:30-7:00 Session 2 (a repeat of Session 1)
The Nerge Family Handbook
The Nerge Family Handbook linked here provides you and your family with an abundance of Nerge information including various school procedures, policies, and behavioral expectations for our knights. Thank you in advance for spending the time reading through the information provided and discussing it with your child. Link to The Nerge Family Handbook
We hope your family will consider joining the Nerge PTA. Click on this link to learn more about how they support our students and school. Link to Nerge PTA